Getting started with Hadoop ecosystem is quite different than getting hands dirty with any other library. I plan to document here, few important points of my learning for the benefit of others.
- to try out few additional packages like Hue, HCatalog etc.
- runs on 32-bit and 64-bit OS (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OSX)
- Minimum 4GB RAM; 8Gb required to run Ambari and Hbase
- Virtualization enabled on BIOS
I had to re-image my laptop when I tried to enable the virtualization from BIOS. So make sure to backup all important data and try at your own discretion. Instructions on enabling the virtualization are provided below.
Enable virtualization in BIOS
Esc during system start-up to bring the below screen
F10 to enter BIOS and then select
4. Enable the below two settings
- SSH: 127.0.0.1 2222
- SCP: 127.0.0.1 2222
- Hue: Hadoop UI